How to volunteer
A volunteer working on the Natural History collection
It's a quick and easy process to register your interest in volunteering at Reading Museum. We are committed to providing volunteer opportunities and we seek to recruit volunteers from diverse backgrounds.
We appreciate that volunteering means giving up free time and there can be concerns over whether it will be worth it. To make it easier for people we advertise specific roles. Enquiring about volunteering at Reading Museum is easy. There are three basic steps - the documents can be downloaded from the bottom of this page:
- Have a look at the available roles
- Read our volunteer policy
- Fill in and email the registration form to the volunteer co-ordinator
Reading Museum's volunteer co-ordinator will then contact you regarding the role.
We have currently recruiting volunteers for two roles.
- A volunteer to help audit and check the museum's geology and natural history collection. Deadline Tuesday 28th February
- Tour guide volunteers to 'show and tell' Reading's rich history and the exciting plans for the Reading Abbey Quarter.
Date updated: 20 Feb 2017