13 Sep 2018 - 11:00am to 2:00pm

Venue: Abbey Ruins
Price: 
Free, booking essential

What:

New buildings continued to spring up within the Abbey Quarter long after the dissolution of Reading Abbey in 1539. This new specialist tour explores local works and the legacy of three eminent Victorian architects, Alfred Waterhouse, A. W. N. Pugin and George Gilbert-Scott.

This is mainly an outdoor walking tour, which may go inside the Town Hall and Abbey Gateway subject to space at these working venues.

Who:

Adults

When:

1¼-hour tour starting at 11am & 2pm, meet in the Story of Reading Gallery