At Reading Museum, we have always been proud to offer a wide range of exciting school sessions, enabling students to discover and learn about history in an immersive and engaging way, and offering teachers another way to explore the National Curriculum! We have a range of interesting and engaging virtual learning sessions for schools to choose from.
How do our virtual sessions work?
Reading Museum’s live virtual school sessions are one hour in length and delivered in person by a member of the Museum’s learning team through a secure online platform.
To ensure that our virtual sessions are as lively and engaging as a visit to the Museum, our team combine different formats, including:
- live presentation supported by PowerPoint slides
- short pre-recorded videos
- 3D photographs of objects from the Museum's collection using SketchFab, with analysis and commentary by our team
- activities led by our education team!
All our live sessions are accompanied by a Resources Pack created by the Reading Museum team, which contains:
- instructions, procedures and risk assessments
- pre-session activities
- resources and worksheets for activities during the session
- suggestions and resource for follow-up activities in the classroom after the virtual session
We can deliver sessions on a variety of platforms managed by the Museum or directly by the schools, including:
- Reading Museum’s managed Microsoft Teams
- Reading Museum’s managed Google Zoom
- School managed platform (delivered as guests)
Pricing and booking
Our hour-long sessions are £80 each, and can cover a maximum of 35 children per session (pricing may change from April 2024)
Booking is quick and easy. Simply email the Reading Museum learning team or fill out our online enquiry form, and let us know which session(s) you are looking to book. All bookings must be made at least 2 term time weeks prior to the session date.
If you have any questions, we would love to hear from you!