This session has been designed to support the study of Victorian childhood.
The children have the opportunity to dress in replica costume, and led by a costumed session leader they explore some of the types of work that Victorian Children would have done. They will also investigate real objects from the Victorian period.
We recommend booking this session with Victorian Schoolroom.
Fantastic presenters, very authentic!- Quote from Stoke Poges School
Notes for teachers
- Key Stage 1 and 2
- Costumed session leader
- Opportunities to take part in role play using replica costume
- Investigate real objects from the period
- Understand how hard life could be for Victorian children who had to work
- Understand the type of jobs that children would be expected to do in ‘The Big House’
- Understand the position of rich children in society – what they would do and wear